Our policies and quality certifications guide all our procedures, training and development standards.
[expand title=”Quality Policy” tag=”h2″]Asckey Data Services Ltd provide professional bespoke software and support services. Customer requirements are met by providing professional individual flexible solutions which are value for money. The management of Asckey aim to profitably develop what the customer needs by continually developing the business and its systems.
Asckey Data Services Ltd fully recognises the importance of quality in all aspects of its operation. Focusing on quality makes for a leaner, fitter organisation to better progress towards continual improvement of business performance.
To fully embrace this philosophy, we have pursued and gained ISO 9001:2008 certification in order to continually improve our business practices for the benefit of our clients. Our ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System provides a framework of standards, procedures and review processes which enhance the management and control of our business activities and management systems.
[expand title=”Health and Safety Policy” tag=”h2″]
Recognising the value and importance of our employees, Asckey undertakes to provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities and to:
- Consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety
- Provide and maintain safe plant and equipment
- Ensure safe handling and use of substances
- Provide information, instruction and supervision
- Ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks and to give them adequate training
- Prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health
- Maintain safe and healthy working conditions
- Review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals
These policies are in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.[/expand]
[expand title=”Security Policy” tag=”h2″]
The ISO 27001 standard first published in October 2005, is the specification for an ISMS, an Information Security Management System. Today in excess of a thousand certificates are in place, across the world.
Achieving the ISO 27001:2013 standard certifies that Asckey has the required information security controls in place to protect client data. The award is formal acknowledgement of Asckey’s wide range of comprehensive, data security standards and processes implemented across the whole organisation.
ISO 27001:2013 is the most stringent certification for information security controls; it provides a guarantee that organisations have adequate information security procedures and risk assessment processes in place to prevent and defend against potential data breaches. Judged by independent accredited auditors, IMS International, the ISMS framework of policies and procedures includes all legal, physical and technical controls involved in Asckey’s information risk management processes.
This new 2013 standard places emphasis on measuring and evaluating how well an organisation’s ISMS is performing. Originally published in October 2005, the standard was superseded in 2013 with a revised version.
The standard requires commitment from participating organisations to set goals and rigorously monitor processes and seek ways to continuously improve. The standard provides a model for organisations to maintain a system for “establishing, implementing, maintaining and continuously improving an Information Security Management System (ISMS)”.
Asckey fully recognise the importance of data security and protecting data from security breaches is of utmost importance. All of Asckey’s processes have been specifically designed to accurately identify and address data security risks on an ongoing basis as part of their wider quality service provision.
[/expand][expand title=”Environmental Policy” tag=”h2″]
The environment is important to us all and even in an office workplace there are measures we can take. So Asckey undertakes to:
- Preserve natural resources by adequate insulation and efficiency, monitoring usage via meters
- Preserve natural resources by minimising waste through efficient ordering and usage
- Reusing materials where possible and if not to recycle all waste where practical to do so
- Preserve the environment by minimising the use of transport by utilising technology to avoid unnecessary journeys
- Encourage employee awareness of the impact on the environment of all our actions
[/expand][expand title=”Equal Opportunities Policy” tag=”h2″]
ASCKEY Data Services Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and undertakes to adhere to the following:
STATEMENT OF POLICY
- We recognise that discrimination is unacceptable and although equality of opportunity has been a long standing feature of our employment practices and procedure, we have made the decision to adopt a formal equal opportunities policy. Breaches of the policy will lead to disciplinary proceedings and, if appropriate, disciplinary action.
- The aim of the policy is to ensure no job applicant, employee or worker is discriminated against either directly or indirectly on the grounds of race, colour, ethnic or national origin, religious belief, political opinion or affiliation, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age or disability.
- We will ensure that the policy is circulated to any agencies responsible for our recruitment and a copy of the policy will be made available for all employees and made known to all applicants for employment.
- The policy will be communicated to all private contractors reminding them of their responsibilities towards the equality of opportunity.
- The policy will be implemented in accordance with the appropriate statutory requirements and full account will be taken of all available guidance and in particular any relevant Codes of Practice.
- We will maintain a neutral working environment in which no employee or worker feels under threat or intimidated.
B) RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION
- The recruitment and selection process is crucially important to any equal opportunities policy. We will endeavour through appropriate training to ensure that employees making selection and recruitment decisions will not discriminate, whether consciously or unconsciously, in making these decisions.
- Promotion and advancement will be made on merit and all decisions relating to this will be made within the overall framework and principles of this policy.
- Job descriptions, where used, will be revised to ensure that they are in line with our equal opportunities policy. Job requirements will be reflected accurately in any personnel specifications.
- We will adopt a consistent, non-discriminatory approach to the advertising of vacancies.
- We will not confine our recruitment to areas or media sources which provide only, or mainly, applicants of a particular group.
- All applicants who apply for jobs with us will receive fair treatment and will be considered solely on their ability to do the job.
- All employees involved in the recruitment process will periodically review their selection criteria to ensure that they are related to the job requirements and do not unlawfully discriminate.
- Short listing and interviewing will be carried out by more than one person where possible.
- Interview questions will be related to the requirements of the job and will not be of a discriminatory nature.
- We will not disqualify any applicant because he/she is unable to complete an application form unassisted unless personal completion of the form is a valid test of the standard of English required for the safe and effective performance of the job.
- Selection decisions will not be influenced by any perceived prejudices of other staff.
C) TRAINING AND PROMOTION
- Senior staff will receive training in the application of this policy to ensure that they are aware of its contents and provisions.
- All promotion will be in line with this policy.
- We will maintain and review the employment records of all employees in order to monitor the progress of this policy.
- Monitoring may involve:-
- the collection and classification of information regarding the race in terms of ethnic/national origin and sex of all applicants and current employees;
- the examination by ethnic/national origin and sex of the distribution of employees and the success rate of the applicants;
- recording recruitment, training and promotional records of all employees, the decisions reached and the reason for those decisions.
- The results of any monitoring procedure will be reviewed at regular intervals to assess the effectiveness of the implementation of this policy. Consideration will be given, if necessary, to adjusting this policy to afford greater equality of opportunities to all applicants and staff.
[/expand][expand title=”Training & Development Policy” tag=”h2″]
The individual training and development needs will be identified through
- Six monthly individual training reviews
- Six monthly business training needs review
- Requests from employees.
The training and development needs identified will be met through a variety of activities depending on the nature and extent of the requirements deemed necessary after assessment.
All internal training provided by the organisation will be of no cost to the employee. External courses and professional qualifications may be fully or partly funded by the organisation depending on the nature of the training.
Employees are responsible for their own development and as such may inform the organisation of their development needs and take part in prescribed development activities.
As part of the organisation’s continuing commitment to training and development, employees are asked to provide feedback on the value and effectiveness of the training and development they undertake. This information will be used to assess and improve the training process.
This policy respects equal opportunities and applies to all employees.